Thanks to the City of Cincinnati's Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) program, 12 current and future local neighborhood projects will become the subject of funded development.
NOFA allows developers, individuals, for-profit and nonprofit organizations to apply for city funds, which then allows them to create opportunities for homeownership and rental properties that have positive and lasting impacts.
This year’s NOFA funding totaled $6.4 million — $2 million more than last year’s — and has been awarded to 16 of 20 applicants. As a result, the city will see 528 new housing units, 80 percent of which will be classified as affordable.
It’s all part of PLAN Cincinnati’s goal: to provide vision for full-spectrum housing options to all individuals, regardless of income or stage of life.
“The City of Cincinnati wants quality, diversified housing options for all of our residents,” says Vice Mayor David Mann.“It is a pleasure to be able to incorporate $2 million in additional funding for affordable housing across our neighborhoods.”
Not only have these city funds increased, but funding from investors has exceeded city funding by a ratio of 16:1 for a total of $103.5 million, more than doubling the 2016 total and quadrupling that of 2014.
“Providing quality, diversified housing options for our residents is integral to our community development strategy,” says City Manager Harry Black. “Through these NOFA projects, we look forward to leveraging public-private partnerships to enhance the quality of life for thousands of residents across our neighborhoods."
Recipients of NOFA funding include the following:
- Copelen/5 Points Alley project, Walnut Hills
- Evanston HURC, 3476 Woodburn
- Price Hill Homesteading
- South Block Home, Northside
- South Cumminsville Urban Village
- Cedar Corridor Phase IIII, College Hill
- Torrence Station, East End
- Scholar House, E. Walnut Hills
- Crosley Apartments, Camp Washington
- Madison Villa, Madisonville
- 821 Flats Housing, Over-the-Rhine
- 1420 & 1422 Knowlton, Northside
- 1714 Vine St., OTR
- 57 E. McMicken, OTR
- College Hill Revitalization
- Halstead Apartments, Clifton/CUF