Founded in 1891 by Matthew Addy, the village of Addyston was originally incorporated in order to control its growing population. Many southerners came north around the turn of the century to work at the pipe foundry alongside communities of English, Germans and Irish who had settled there to build the canal.
The quaint, historic building housing the post office at 111 Main Street has evolved over the years. It was once a barber shop, a pool hall, a restaurant and a bakery. Similarly, Addyston continues to roll with the times in order to proudly meet the changing needs of its small but mighty population – much of which still works close to home in its abundant manufacturing facilities.