Formed in 1809 by hunters and trappers, Green Township has seen major growth over the past 200 years. It is now the second largest township in Ohio, with a population of 58,370.
The township’s park system features six distinctive parks. Its administration’s aim is to provide responsive, efficient services, promoting a safe and family-friendly environment.
Green Township continues to develop and grow, but the intriguing names of its cities and subdivisions remain, carried over from the area’s simpler past. The origin of Dent, named for a depression in the ground, and Mack, named after a family dog that was known to patrol the area in 1805, make for interesting conversation.