Anthem introduces 360 Health to improve wellness

Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield, Ohio's largest health benefits provider, launched 360 Health, a program designed to help its members get quick access to medical information, manage their health and navigate the health care system.
 
One of its features is MyHealth Coach, which assigns each participating member and family a registered nurse to provide one-on-one health coaching with medical professionals, including dietitians and exercise physiologists. The program also includes making registered nurses available to answer health-related questions around the clock, a maternity management program where members receive support from obstetrical nurses, a Web- and telephone-based program  that provides help with weight management, stress management, physical activity, diet and nutrition and smoking cessation. It also includes MyHealth Advantage, which offers preventive care reminders about everything from doctor’s appointments to overdue health screenings and alerts physicians to potential adverse drug issues, and an online personal health record owned and managed by Anthem members.
 
The program should help Anthem spot potential medical issues in its members earlier. “It allows our company to focus its resources on the 20 percent of our members who are most at risk, while also helping to improve the effectiveness of health and wellness programs for the remaining 80 percent,” said Dr. Barry Malinowski, medical director.

Writer: David Holthaus
Source: Kim Ashley, Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield
Signup for Email Alerts