This fall, Bad Girl Ventures
is welcoming five entrepreneurs and business owners to its LAUNCH class
. At the end of the class, each business competes for a BGV business loan.
LAUNCH meets every week and provides each business a mentor that offers coaching and instruction. During the eight-week course, participants will learn how to prepare and execute key startup milestones from each business area in order to “launch” their business. While only one business will receive a BGV loan, all five businesses will receive coaching on how to access capital.
- Chica Sport provides customizable, high-performance athletic accessories for men and women, such as non-slip headbands, cooking neck bandanas and waterproof seat covers. Founder: Meredith Finn
- Cinfully Sweet offers made-to-order, handcrafted, bite-sized sweets, including cake pops, cupcakes, cookies, chocolate-covered pretzels and dessert bars for birthday parties, wedding receptions, and bridal and baby showers. Owner: Stephanie Mullins
- Dry Moon Pillowcases offers two-sided pillowcases that solve the problem of night sweats. They highly absorbent, soft terry fabric is engineered to cool you down as you sleep. Founder: Debra Mooney
- SecondNurture is designed to help people care for those they love. It’s a tool for organizing, communicating and supporting the day-to-day needs of caregivers and care recipients. Founder: Nicole Christopher
- WEL Enterprise has engineered the first Wastewater Reclamation System that handles wastewater from start to finish. It’s capable of segregating, cleaning and recycling water, solids and other elements. Founder: Katrina Eckard
Each business already has a viable, vetted business with revenue and clients/customers. LAUNCH will help them secure capital in order to take their concepts to the next level.
Enjoy this story? Sign up
for free solutions-based reporting in your inbox each week.