FORMAT & AGENDA
IDEALAB reMaking Industry is a half-day event presented by The Carol Ann and Ralph V. Haile, Jr./U.S. Bank Foundation, People’s Liberty, Issue Media Group, and Soapbox Cincinnati.
FAST FACTS -
- What: IDEALAB reMaking Industry will connect communities with leading Urban Manufacturing Alliance (UMA) research and best practices from regional cities featuring leadership on the leading edge of catalyzing 21st century urban manufacturing. Afternoon breakout panels will discuss attracting and cultivating talent — what is working, social innovation in the manufacturing sector and how our community needs to seize this moment to support a new generation of growth-minded manufacturers of all sizes.
- When: May 9, 2019, 11:45 a.m.–6:00 p.m.
- Where: Xavier Center for Innovation, 1605 Dana Avenue, Cincinnati 45207, and Listermann Brewing, 1621 Dana Avenue, next door to Xavier Center for Innovation
- Cost: $35 per person; Students $17
- Parking: Free parking adjacent to event venue
- 11:45 a.m. Doors open for lunch, Xavier Center for Innovation
1:00pm - 5:00pm IDEALAB Presenters
- 12:30–1:00 p.m. Keynote Presentation, Lee Wellington, Executive Director, Urban Manufacturing Alliance
- 1:15–2:00 p.m. Dan Carmody, President of Eastern Market Corporation, Detroit
- 2:00–2:45 p.m. Alexander Bandar, P.hD., Founder and Chief Mischief Maker, Idea Foundry, Columbus
4:00–5:00pm IDEALAB concurrent breakout panels - Cultivating and Attracting Talent
- 3:00–3:45 p.m. Adam Kenney, Director of Monmade and the Craft Business Accelerator at Bridgeway Capital, Pittsburgh
- Panel #1 Dan Carmody, Alex Bandar, Adam Kenney
- Moderator: Matt Anthony, CoMADE
5:00–6:00 p.m. IDEALAB Happy Hour
- Panel #2 Rich Kiley, President, CoMADE; Peggy Zink, President & CEO, Cincinnati Works; Dan Meyer, CEO, Nehemiah Manufacturing
- Moderator: Kathryne Gardette, Prestige AV & Creative Services
- Location: Listermann Brewing Inside Biergarten
Tickets for IDEALAB reMaking Industry on sale now.
$35 per person includes lunch and happy hour.
Student tickets are available at $17 per person including lunch and happy hour.
IDEALAB reMaking Industry is made possible by The Carol Ann and Ralph V. Haile Jr./U.S. Bank Foundation, People's Liberty, Issue Media Group and Soapbox Cincinnati.