This past weekend, nearly one million people descended on Over-the-Rhine and downtown for the first ever BLINK Cincinnati
. The four-day art and light festival covered 20 city blocks and incorporated local and international talent.
Here are some of the big numbers:
- More than 2,500 people participated in Thursday's BLINK Future City Spectacular light parade; about 100,000 people attended the parade
- Twenty-two projection mappings and 35 light-based art installations were strategically placed from Findlay Market to The Banks
- Eight new murals were painted by international artists
- Thirty entertainers performed throughout the weekend on six stages
- 500 volunteers worked to make BLINK possible
- More than 100 artists participated in the festival, with 60 from the region
- About 27,000 rides were taken on the Cincinnati Bell Connector
To see photos from BLINK, search #blinkcincinnati on Instagram.