Five of the 99 best bourbon bars are right across the river in Northern Kentucky. According to The Bourbon Review
, Old Kentucky Bourbon Bar, Bourbon Haus 1841, Wiseguy Lounge, Tousey House Tavern and The Prohibition Bourbon Bar at Newberry Bros Coffee are top-notch places to drink bourbon.
- Bourbon Haus 1841, 522 Mainstrasse, Covington: Relatively new to Kentucky's bourbon scene, Bourbon Haus 1841 showcases a "Bourbon of the Day" and offers specialty bourbon flights and bourbon-infused cocktails.
- OKBB, 629 Mainstrasse, Covington: With over 300 bottles of domestic bourbon and whiskey, you're sure to find what you're looking for. Oh, and OKBB is owned by Molly Wellmann, so you know it's good.
- The Prohibition Bourbon Bar, 530 Washington Ave., Newport: Nestled within a coffee shop, this Prohibition-style bar has the largest collection in the world of bourbon and rye whiskeys.
- Tousey House Tavern, 5963 N. Jefferson St. Burlington: Tousey House recently released a new bourbon list featuring staff favorites and rare finds.
- Wiseguy Lounge, 603 Mainstrasse, Covington: Envisioned after a 1920s speakeasy, Wiseguy Lounge has over 100 bourbons and features a Bourbon Conessieur Club as well as tastings and educational events throughout the year.
See the other Kentucky bourbon bars
that made the list.