, the go-to site for techy trends, in 2011 named Cincinnati the most social city in the world in honor of Social Media Day
It seems the city's social butterflies are working to keep that coveted, if unscientific, designation. Local Social Media training company Social Media Bootcamp has compiled some facts and figures about the Queen City's online connections.
The figures, which you can see in graphic form on the Boot Camp Digital
blog, give a snapshot of Cincinnati's Social Media landscape. For instance:
• There are 807,360 people in the Greater Cincinnati area on Facebook (within a 25 mile radius of Cincinnati)
• There are more than 88,000 Cincinnatians on LinkedIn
• 475,000 Twitter accounts mention Cincinnati in their titles
In the business realm, figures show:
• 81 percent of Cincinnati brands participate in social media
• P&G, a leading global marketer headquartered in Cincinnati, aims to be “the most digitally enabled company in the world”.
• 63 percent of Cincinnati businesses are prepared to respond to social media inquiries within hours.
• 77 percent of businesses handle social media internally, yet only 30 percent have training
"We were pretty surprised by some of the statistics that we found," says Krista Neher of Boot Camp Digital. "The infographic especially shows that Cincinnati businesses are highly active on social media (81 percent) yet also, surprisingly, they don't have a lot of social media training, and most businesses don't have a policy,"
Additionally, social media pros are abundant in Cincinnati.
• There are more than 13,000 people in Cincinnati with social media in their Twitter profiles
• There are more than 1,000 groups on LinkedIn for Cincinnati.
• 50 percent of business professionals in Cincinnati are using social media in a professional capacity.
• 74 percent of Cincinnatians have access to social media at work (although only 43 percent have a social media policy)
By Feoshia Henderson Davis
Follow Feoshia on Twitter